Very interesting outlook on the Pacquaio vs Bradley fight and the impression given by HBO on the fight (most notably Jim Lampley). The casual boxing viewer or fan does not have the ability for in-fight slo-mo replays or the ability to replay punches that may be blocked or slipped. Compubox cannot also be viewed as the most reliable sort of punch stats, because they have the same view as other humans. Maybe the judges actually got the decision right????
There’s been a rising call in Boxing for one national commission or singular entity that governs the sport in the United States and abroad. I completely disagree with this movement for the fact that there is no clear path to resolve any of the issues within boxing.
1) Boxing is a global sport. A national commission in the USA does not encompass other countries, international promoters, and international fighters.
2) One national commission makes it easier for corruption since you have one single entity to “pad” instead of several that must agree on a decision.
3) The commission can erase the natural competition and competitiveness of boxing’s promotional companies. Capitalism is here for a reason.
4) A commission has not been discussed to provide any benefits of one entity like a boxers union, boxers retirement funds, or anything of the like.
5) A commission does not solve bad judging decisions that occur within boxing.
6) Since when does more government involvement fix any of our sports? People didn’t want government in baseball, investigating PED’s, intervening in the NFL..why boxing?
Until there is a concise plan to address the items above and more, I will continue to disagree with forming a national commission.
This is the beginning…several friends, fans, followers, and boxing heads have said.. Start a blog. Well here it is. My hope is that with my schedule I’m able to posts news, articles, links, video, discussion topics, and interviews from within the sports of boxing and mixed martial arts (Yes. I’m a fan of both). Let’s see how this goes.
Make sure you follow my Twitter live at @TwoPieceBoxing …Let’s debate